Have you ever had one of those moments when you are scrolling through your Instagram and you stumble upon a really good photo or video that you just wanted to save on your phone so that you can watch it again and again? Although now apps like Instagram and Facebook lets you save your favorite post in the app but it’s not the same because it doesn’t get saved in your phone and you can’t access it without internet.
Therefore we are here to discuss 10 best Instagram photo/video downloading tools to help make your Instagram life a little easier.
1) FastSave for Instagram (Android)
One of the best Instagram photo downloading app is FastSave. It lets you download unlimited photos from Instagram that you can even repost without any watermark, although make sure you are not violating any Instagram community rule. The app is easy, has and attractive dashboard as well as comes with a secure folder to hide your saved pictures. However, this app is only for Android users.
- Fast and secure picture download
- Make image slideshow
- By pressing long on saved photo, you can get details of user
- Disruptive ads with sound is a mood killer
- Complains that sometimes saved pictures are not shown
- The new update requires you to on-and-off after copying link of photo that needs to be saved
2) IV Saver Photo Video Download for Instagram & IGTV (Android)
With the help of this Android app you can’t just download videos and pictures by simply clicking on “Copy share URL” but you can also save Profile ID, name, captions and tags. Another amazing thing about this app is that you don’t need an account to use it. The app also allows to save important videos and photos in a saved lock.
- Login not required
- Complete post can be saved
- Simple and easy user interface
- New update needs manual copy and pasting, which is step down from last update
- Reposted photos can appear blurry sometimes
3) Instant Save for Instagram (iPhone)
If you thought we don’t care about Apple users, you are wrong. This IOS app is great and works the same. It’s simple to use, just copy your desired photo/video URL and paste it in the app and download it. One of the best thing about the app is that gives content credit to the original user and therefore there are no copyright issues. All the reposts are free of watermark.
- Has a User Timeline Post sharing option
- Tags can be used to browse
- Repost with original caption
- Tends to make phones work slower
4) Video Downloader – for Instagram Repost App (Android)
Another amazing Android app that lets you save Instagram and IGTV content on your phone. All the saved content can not only be reposted from Instagram but also from Vine app. The app is super easy and use and gets things done in one simple click. Additionally, you can also copy tags from here
- Download content from IGTV
- Copy and save tags
- Save and share videos and photos
- Private videos download can be an issue
- Downloaded files location is not fixed
5) SaveIG – Save Picture and Video from Instagram (iPhone)
SaveIG is also an app for IOS users. The app makes videos and images download for Instagram very easy. You can download them either through this app or through IOS widget. The app’s easy user interface and clean appearance make it one of the best choice for Apple users.
- Simple user interface
- Download photos/videos through IOS widget as well
- Not a free app. Costs around $0.99
6) Repostly – Repost For Instagram (iPhone)
This in an addition to Apple users. A great IOS app with easy user interface and has easy navigation. The app lets you save as many videos and photos as you like without any restriction and it’s not even a necessity to get your account made on this app.
- Easy navigation and functioning
- Unlimited downloads
- Easy and friendly user interface
- Watermark on the free version
- Ads in the free version
7) InstaGet (Android)
InstaGet is an Android app that is preferred because of its lack of repeated log-ins. The app lets you save your favorite pictures so you can see them whenever you wish. In addition to saving and reposting images, you can also copy tags
- Save all your favorite pictures
- Easy repost and share
- Copy and save tags from app
- The new update has complains of crashing. User tends to be taken to homepage repeatedly
- Sometimes videos even from public account shows error
8) Quick Save (Android)
Like all the apps mentioned in the list, Quick save does the same job. However what seperates this app from all others is its in-built photo and videos editing tools that lets you add filters. Users can also do photo-splits in this app. After you are done with your creativity, this app also lets you do reposting and sharing it with your friends.
- Great user interface design
- Fast picture and video download
- Awesome editing tools
- Can’t download content from private accounts
- Repeated switching between this app and Instagram to download posts.
9) Save Pro for Instagram (iPhone)
Save Pro is an IOS app that works the same. For downloading video/photo all you have to do is copy the URL and paste it on the app. It is usually preferred as it gives credit to original owner of video or image.
- Quick and easy download.
- Gives content credit so no policies are broken
- Paid app. It costs around $2
- Even though it paid, it still has ads.
10) Downloader for Instagram: Photo & Video Saver (Android)
This is another Android app that lets you save photos on your private account. This app has a friendly user interface and easy navigation without any restrictions. The app doesn’t even require a log-in.
- Simple, easy and fast
- Save content directly into your device
- No login needed
- Ads in free version
- Sometimes saved photos/videos don’t show up in the gallery
Well, these are some of the best Instagram video/photo downloading apps out there. We hope that after analyzing pros and cons of each of them, you are able to make a wise decision.