Who doesn’t like memes? They are fun, quick to read and so relatable. People on every social media use memes to get laughs. Although, have you ever wondered how do so many people make up those creative memes? The answer is the Meme Generator. They can help you make modern, funny, high-quality memes, mostly free. Cool, right? However since memes are so popular, there are so many meme generator apps in the market, it’s confusing which one to choose from. But worry not, we are here to help you. We have compiled a list of 10 great meme generator apps to help you make your choice.
With the easiest user interface, this app is great for Android and IOS users. This app lets you add many already popular memes format where you can just add your captions or even modify the background if you wish. You can choose an image from the app gallery or select an already present image.
- Made memes can be easily shared
- Easy user interface
- Has a tenor search option
- The free version comes with the price of a lot of ads
- Sometimes access can be slowed
Along with generating memes, Memedroid is also an app where you can share your memes. You can find almost all the famous memes here, which you can edit by adding text. This app has a meme ranking system to show more likable ones on the top. The app is one of the best choices for both IOS and Android users as it is also available offline.
- A whole online community for people who love memes and gifs
- New, funny content is updated regularly
- Supports multiple languages
- Multiple annoying ads
- Complains of the app crashing a lot
3) GATM Meme Generator (Android)
The app works only for Android. GATM meme generator allows you to search memes directly from the internet. The free version offers basic tools for text formatting. It has a lot of memes template to choose from and you can even add your images. All the memes generated can be shared with popular social media sites.
- Live preview of memes available
- Easy and quick sharing options
- Save your memes to SD card
- Multiple ads in the free version
- Won’t let you go to the main page easily
Tumblr is not like a typical meme generator app, as it is also a social networking site. So you can upload images, edit, add captions and then share your meme, all in one app. You can even use your favorite font with color and even add stickers to your images. This app works great for IOS and android users.
- Also a GIF editor
- Discover all kind of memes no matter how old
- Customizable fonts with a range of colors and sizes
- The phone app doesn’t work very well
- The Repost option lets people steal credit from the original maker
5) Meme Generator by MemeCrunch (iPhone)
This app is compatible with IOS so it is limited to Apple users. The app is quite quick and lets you replace normal faces with troll faces. People who are not into editing can easily select an image and add a relevant text to the image and there, a new meme ready to be shared on social media. It’s easy and quick.
- No watermarks
- Search for your desired memes
- Change the size of the app along with many wonderful fonts
- Ads will only go away if you subscribe by paying $2.
- More ads on their free video memes creator
6) ZomboDroid’s Video and GIF Memes (Android)
A still image for memes is good but GIFs memes are relatively funnier. This Android app allows combining videos, GIFs, and photos into one file. With easily customizable font available, this app also lets you decide the speed and repetition of your GIFs. They also have a huge library of laughable memes.
- Select frame rate, repetition, and speed of GIFs
- Many funny memes already present
- Can’t add audio or music in the background
- No special effects for GIF transition
7) Instameme (Android)
Another Android app that lets you choose images from either your gallery or select from thousands of meme templates already present. The app lets you add emojis, troll faces and has several other cool features, however, the app is not very reasonable due to its huge size i.e. 23 MB
- Good for making memes easy and quick
- Over 5000 meme templates, stickers, and emojis to choose from
- The ads on the bottom hinder in selecting some options
- Not considered good for making modern memes
8) Meme Producer (iPhone)
This 3 step meme generator (select image, add captions, share) is pretty cool as it lets you add multiple images in a single meme. Two-sentence long captions can be added to memes. The generated memes have no watermark. It’s an IOS-based app, free of ads
- Make your memes fast and easy
- No watermark on memes
· The updated app was charging quite a sum of money for memes
9) Modern Meme Maker (Android)
This app has around 200 memes templates to choose from. Select your image, pick your favorite font and its size and add multiple lined captions as it has no word limit. If you want to let people know you have made this meme, you can add a watermark on it through this app. The app lets you share your memes on Instagram, Twitter, and Tumblr. It is available on Android
- Multiple lines feature available
- Text adding is simple
- After the June 2019 app update, the text is harder to read
- Crashes occasionally
10) Make a Meme + (iPhone)
It is an IOS app with over 4 million users. The app lets you change text with just a tap and you can even add faces and hats to your images. Although it has a lot of cool features, its text formatting is not as good. You can save your memes on camera roll or share them on Social media.
- Thousands of meme templates available
- Easy formatting
- Can’t make dual picture memes
- Can’t make comic strips
These are some of the best meme generators app available in the Google play store/App store. Choose your favorite app and make funny, creative memes to get those likes on your social media.